By booking or staying at any of Getaway Gateway Management & Marketing (Pty) Ltd’s properties, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my fellow guests and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by staying at these properties and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at any of these properties may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, employees, guests, and other service providers of the establishment. I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Getaway Gateway Management & Marketing (Pty) Ltd, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
It's business as usual. (Well, almost!)
On 25 July 2021, President Cyril Ramaphosa confirmed that South Africa has adopted Alert level 3 adjusted lockdown regulations, amended on 30 July 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
All travellers are welcome.
Yes, however due to the Covid-19 we have decided to temporarily cease serving meals. However, we can suggest several restaurants next door, which guests are welcome to enjoy at their own expence.
We used a common-sense approach, using Government gave guidelines on how to reopen a business. The tourism associations have consulted widely across their membership and studied world-wide protocols to come up with guidelines so that our industry can regulate itself. We’ve identified what we consider is best practice, applying what is practical and applicable to our own circumstances.
For example, we are mindful of things that different people might touch. Other protocols include that we try not to touch open food and avoid things that cannot be washed before they are re-used.
- Wearing a mask.
- Regular hygiene like hand-washing and using sanitiser (70%+ alcohol content).
- Keeping social distance.
- Disinfecting often-touched surfaces.
- Our staff members don’t come to work if they are or feel sick.
- We make sure anyone who becomes sick is sent home or to a health facility as needed.
The difference is the length of time people spend in our space, also sleeping there, compared to (for example) a shop. We are therefore equally concerned about hosting people we don’t know. Rest assured, we would like to protect our own health and that of our employees, not just yours.
As our guest, you are probably concerned about staying in a place you don’t know (unless you’re one of our loyal, frequent guests) and where you do not feel in control of the environment.
We would like to give you the peace-of-mind that we’ve taken all reasonable precautions to ensure your safety.
- We have trained our staff on how to implement the things we’ve promised to do and to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- We are fanatical about cleaning and sanitising (in fact, we’ve always been).
- We’ve spaced out our furniture in shared areas.
- We apply common-sense tips for masks and social distancing:
- If groups have been travelling together and sharing rooms, they won’t need to wear masks around each other. For example, a family sitting in our garden or lounge won’t have to be 2m apart or wear masks to chat with each other. But they would have to be a distance of 2m from other guests. And when mixing with other guests, we’d request that they wear their masks
- We’ll ask you whether you’re displaying any of the basic Covid-19 symptoms when you check in.
- We’ll update our guest contact details in our online booking system. Why? Because it’s crucial for tracking and tracing. It’s important that we can get hold of you once you’ve left our property. Also, we might have to contact you to advise you that another guest or one of our staff members had become ill with Covid-19 after your stay.
- We encourage you to pay for your stay online prior to checking in. That way, we can minimise unnecessary physical contact.
- We sanitise our hands and sanitise luggage handles and corners when carrying it to rooms for our guests (both before and after carrying). If a guest prefers to handle his/her own luggage, this is of course not necessary.
- We sanitise surfaces that are touched regularly, more frequently.
- Ventilation is important. That’s why we open windows and cupboard doors while cleaning rooms.
- We remove linen without shaking it (to prevent dust release). We fold and put into bags to take it to the washing area.
- We use your washing machine or dishwasher on the highest temperature setting possible.
- We assure our guests the items in their room have ALL been cleaned, including extras such as extra blankets or pillows in the cupboard.
We hope this helps to put your mind at ease. We are doing our utmost to ensure that our guests stay both safe and comfortable. Keep watching our Covid-19 info page on our website for updates. We really look forward to welcoming you back to De Hoek Manor. In the meantime, let us know how we can help or answer any questions that you might have.
Stay strong and safe!